Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pork and Broccoli

What to do with left over pork chops?  I had cooked a large pack and we had four chops leftover.  I wanted something different for supper, so it was brainstorm time.  I decided to make a pork version of the traditional beef and broccoli. 

Recipe:

Four pork chops - cut into bite size pieces
1 package Kikoman beef and broccoli stir fry seasoning (prepare according to instructions on packet)
16 oz or larger frozen or fresh broccoli florets
1 tbs butter or oil
1 large onion (sliced)
optional - Mr. Yoshida's marinade or cooking sauce or Soy Sauce (season to taste)

2 c rice
1 tbs butter
4 c water
salt

Dice cooked pork chops into bite size pieces.
Place butter into a skillet, add pork and onion to saute. 
 
Next, add the seasoning packet per instructions and broccoli.  I also added about half a cup of Mr. Yoshida's sauce.
I make the rice at the same time I am cooking the above.  Two cups white rice added to 4 cups boiling water with butter and salt.  Turn the stove down to low and place lid on pot.  Let rice cook undisturbed for 20 minutes.  Check after 20 minutes.  If the rice is still crunchy, let cook for five more minutes.

Enjoy!