Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cheesy Taco Pasta

Here is another one of those, what can I make with leftover?.  Last night we had tacos and I had about two cups of taco meat left.  I wasn't sure what to make for lunch today, so I decided to toss a few things together.  The children usually eat anything with pasta in it, so I created cheesy taco pasta for today's lunch.

Recipe:

2 boxes of Macaroni and Cheese mix
1 can Rotel (drained)
1-2 cups taco meat
2 tbs butter
1/4 milk
1/2 cup grated cheese of your choice
crushed red pepper, salt, dehydrate onion

In a medium sized pot, boil water for macaroni.  Add salt, crushed red pepper, and dehydrated onion to taste.


Once water comes to a boil, add the dry macaroni and boil for 8-10 minutes until fork tender.


Drain the macaroni and set aside.

Add the milk, cheese sauce packets, cheese, butter, rotel, and taco meat to the pot.  Mix well.

Add the macaroni to the mixture and heat on low until cheese is melted and meat is hot.


The kids loved this!  It was a little spicy, but they went back for more.  Definitely worth making again, when I have leftover taco seasoned meat.