Monday, January 14, 2013

Laundry Day

Mondays and Thursdays are laundry days at our house.  I would rather spend two days a week doing laundry than doing a load or two a day.

I have struggled with finding a schedule that works, but the Monday and Thursday schedule seems to be the right fit.  I start my Monday wash actually on Sunday evening after the children go to bed.  This way I get a head start. 

A typical laundry day on Monday are the following loads:  Bed linens, towels, regular wash (underwear, socks, kids clothes, bed clothes), good wash (slacks, shirts), aikido uniforms and jeans.

Six loads of laundry takes me all morning and into the afternoon, but it isn't a chore with my front loader washing machine.  I quickly put wet clothes into the dryer, soiled clothes into the washer as I help the children with their school work.

By the time we finish our work, I have two loads of laundry to fold.  I can quickly knock these out before lunch time.  I then keep up with folding the other loads as they finish drying.

On Thursdays it is much the same.  I start a load on Wednesday evening.  I typically have three loads on Thursday: regular, good, and towels.  So, it is much faster.

Each family has a schedule that works for them.  This is ours.