Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

I want to wish all the other moms out there a Happy Mother's Day.  I wish you a day of happiness with your children.  Whether your child is young or older, you are special to them.  They may not tell you this, but they love you.  They need you, no matter their age.

My aunts, mom, Meemaw, and Great-Grandmother
I have several friends that have lost mothers this year and in previous years.  They have expressed on several an occasion how much they miss their mom.  Even those that are grandmothers and great-grandmothers miss their mom.

Egee and me
Mothers are special and no matter what, no one can replace them.  Whether, Mom is a biological mom, step-mom, adoptive mom, or a woman that has treated you like her own, she cannot be replaced.  Her love, tenderness, encouragement, caring, soothing, and comforting presence is like no other.

Little Man and me
Yes, moms can be demanding, relentless, authoritative, and overbearing.  However, they have only their child's best interest in mind.  The love of a mother is unconditional.  You may do things that she does not like, but she doesn't stop loving you.



What would the world be without mom?  I would not want to even imagine such a place.


Happy Mother's Day, Mom!