Monday, October 29, 2012

Painting Part 5

Almost done!  The kitchen cabinets and back splash are now painted.  I decided to paint the bottom cabinets brown to cut down on the smudges from little hands.  I was going to leave the upper cabinets the way they were.  However, after looking at this configuration for a couple of weeks, I decided to paint the upper cabinets.  I toiled with the color scheme.  Should I paint them brown to match the bottom?  Or should I paint them spiced vinegar to match the walls?  Should I paint the back splash brown or spiced vinegar? 











I didn't want the kitchen to be too dark, so I decided to go with the spiced vinegar.  As I painted, I was glad I went light.

I had to remove the old back splash and spackle the wall.  Then I had to decide what to do with the back splash behind the stove.  Luckily, I had saved the old back splash.  I gave it a fresh coat of paint and it brought the brown from the bottom cabinets upward.

Overall, I am pleased with the kitchen.  Now, I just have to decide what to do with my large pantries.  Should I paint them to match the cabinets or leave them natural to match the butcher block island?