Monday, March 4, 2013

We Almost Escaped!

Well, the cold caught us!  It all started last week with Egee.  The simple sniffles and then the cough.  She didn't feel bad after the first day, but it just lingered.  Compounded by the cold air from Little Man's baseball practice, she continued to have a cough until Thursday.

I guess that is when the viral bug decided to seek a new target - ME!  Thursday, I began to feel something coming on.  The drainage and headache began.  I really don't have time for this.  Little Man began sniffing and coughing later on Friday.  Oh, no!  We can't be getting sick at the start of baseball season.  Of course, Friday night's practice was another bone chiller!

Miraculously, Little Man never comes down with a full cold.  I don't know how he does it, but he can bounce back fast.  By Saturday afternoon, he was fine.  No congestion, no cough, not one symptom! I, on the other hand, am not so lucky.  If only, I could get the congestion to go away!  Sudaphed is my friend at the moment, along with Noni Juice.

Hubby has caught the cold, too.  He generally doesn't catch what the kids and I get.  This time he is not so lucky.  Sunday, he awoke to the drainage and congestion. Together, we have our mugs of Noni and tablets of Sudaphed to take. 

Oh, well.  We almost escaped cold and flu season!