Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Yummy Roast Supper

I just love my slow cooker.  Dinner time is not a hassle of what to fix, when to eat, lots of pots and pans to clean, it is just a one stop meal of good food.  Fixing a meal in the morning, while my brain is still fresh is effortless.  Needless to say, today's meal was inspired by the carrots I plucked from the garden this morning.  We are not avid carrot eaters.  The only meal I fix that involves carrots is a roast.  Luckily, I had a roast in the freezer.  Perfect!

Carrots from the garden.

Carrots, onions, and red potatoes seasoned with garlic powder and salt.

Roast on top and mushroom gravy mix poured over the meat.
Everything in the pot and slow cooking for nine hours on low. 

Supper was a hit.  I forgot to take a picture of the competed meal, but below is what remains.  Enough for lunch tomorrow or I will dice up the veggies and meat to create stew.