First, start with one or two pounds of boneless, skinless, chicken breast.
|raw chicken in the slow cooker|
Third, add fresh cilantro to taste. I add about one-fourth cup of cilantro leaves.
|Fresh cilantro from the garden.|
|Two jalapeno peppers from the garden.|
Fifth, add one can black beans (rinsed and drained), a half cup of corn, and one medium chopped onion.
|Ready for the lid!|
Ways to modify:
1. Instead of using Ro-Tel, you can add a can of diced tomatoes.
2. Taco or burrito seasoning may be added.
3. 16 oz of chicken broth can be added to make it into a soup.
4. Makes a great salad topper for a crisp bed of lettuce.
5. Can be a topper for nachos.
One great recipe for a family on the go!