Monday, December 31, 2012

Where Does the Time Go?

It is hard to believe that the year is almost over!  Where has it gone?  I remember as a child hearing adults talk about how time flies.  At that point in my life, it seemed as time stood still.  It took forever to get to ten years of age, then to sixteen, then to twenty-one.  After twenty-one, time began to fly!

Now that I have just turned forty years of age, where did the time go!  Where did my thirties go?  Life happens and age, although a number, keeps climbing.  A fabulous marriage, two wonderful children, the loss of grandparents, a career, a career change, and helping grow a business have all spanned the last twelve years.  Yet, all of this seems just like yesterday.

I look at what my parents had at forty and I couldn't imagine myself in their shoes.  I wonder if my children will think the same.

The thing is, I don't feel like I have turned forty.  How can time be reversed?  Would I really want to go back and do it all over again?  Somethings yes, somethings no.  That is life, though.  One chance, no do-overs.

As I come to accept the dawning of my next decade in life, I vow to make it an exceptional ten years.  My children will become teenagers during this time.  My parents will enter their seventies.  My sister could become a grandmother in the next ten years.  Our roles will be expanded and our lives hopefully more blessed. 

Who knows for certain what the next ten years will hold.  However, one thing is certain, I will enjoy every moment!