Saturday, December 14, 2013

When Mommy Gets Sick

I don't get sick often, but when I do the whole world turns upside down. I haven't posted in a week because I have been sick.  The in the bed, don't feel good, leave me alone and let me rest type of sick.  Thank goodness the worst part hit on a Saturday and Hubby was home to deal with the kiddos.

By Monday, I was able to deal with the children.  However, we did not formally do school work.  I couldn't read without coughing and I could stay upright for about thirty minutes.  That was just enough time to try and catch up on light house work.

Finally, by Tuesday, I was able to get the kids back on track with school work.  We caught up on the advent reading and other stories.  We continued to catch up on chores and crafts.  With a built in mandatory rest period in the afternoon, I had gained back an almost normal feeling.

I'm not sure what I contracted, but I have found that Black Elderberry syrup is wonderful to fight off the cold or flu.  Along with sudafed for a decongestant, I recovered faster than with all the other over the counter meds.  I'm definitely going to grow elderberry this next year!