Wednesday, January 8, 2014

It's a New Year!

I had taken a three week hiatus from the blog.  It was a busy three weeks!  During the time, Little Man celebrated his eighth birthday.  He was so excited to be eight!  We celebrated the birth of Christ and the Christmas festivities with friends and family.  I turned another year older.  We watched football, looked at Christmas lights, stayed up to see 2013 turn to 2014.  Three weeks flew!

Where does this bring us?  The possibilities of a new year are limitless. Resolutions and routine return.  I'm not really big on resolutions.  I write down small goals to accomplish all the time.  The goals are spread into daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, and sometime.  I have found that flexibility is the biggest goal of all.  We take one day at a time and adjust if necessary.

So, what are some of my goals?  Remove the 'junk' from the kitchen cabinets.  Isn't it amazing at how much stuff we can accumulate over a year's time?  Samson woke me at five o'clock Friday morning.  He didn't want to be quiet and alone and I didn't need him to wake others in the house.  So, I decided to clean out the cabinets.  By seven o'clock, the cabinets were rid of 'junk', straightened, cleaned and ready for a new year.

Clean the laundry room.  To say the least, I have been lax with keeping the laundry room clean.  Piles of this and that topped the washer and dryer, hangers were here and there, empty cleaning bottles had not been thrown out, etc.  The weather cooperated with helping me accomplish this task.  Cold, windy, rainy weather confined us to the house for the day and the laundry room benefited.

I have hauled three bags of outgrown clothing, old dishes, and various odd ends to the thrift store.  I have thrown out boxes, trash, and clutter.  Isn't it liberating to let go of stuff?

I have revamped the children's lessons.  Put new entries onto the calendar and updated existing commitments.

We have made new friends and are planning play dates.  We are committing to enhance existing friendships.  I have talked to friends that I have not spoken to in years.  We picked up right where we left off.

I will make more goals in the coming weeks.  I will change goals, as well.  We will adjust and go with the flow when needed.

Oh, the possibilities of 2014!