Monday, August 5, 2013

Back to School

Today, we started our third year of home school.  It is amazing how fast the last two years have flown.  I now have a 6th grader and a 2nd grader!  We are truly blessed to have such an amazing opportunity to spend our days together learning.  I thank God that he has provided us with a wonderful provider (Hubby) to let the children and I spend our days together learning and playing.

I have spent many hours this summer putting together plans for school.  The children have enjoyed six weeks of summer bliss and freedom.  Although, we have had many learning trips during this time.  We are ready to get back to routine and start our school year.

This year's main curriculum:

Egee - Teaching Textbooks Math 7; Easy Peasy for English, Foreign Language, Science, Computer, and Logic; The Mystery of History Volume I; McGuffey's Third Reader.

Little Man - Teaching Textbooks Math 3; Easy Peasy for Language Arts, Science, Computer, and Logic; The Mystery of History Volume I; McGuffey's Primer and First Reader.

Of course, I have a variety of other things I include.  Games, puzzles, crafts, circuit boards, microscopes, videos, cds, etc.

We also have an array of library classes, music appreciation classes, field trips, Aikido, tumbling class, baseball practices, and play dates!  Whoever said that homeschoolers are not socialized has never met a homeschooler!