Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours.  Let us take the time to give thanks for all that we have been blessed with.  The Lord has given each of us life and personal gifts that we are to use.  Let us be forever grateful. 

As I watch my children grow, I am reminded daily of these gifts.  How I am here to nurture them and let them have as many experiences as possible to discover the gifts that He has given them.  So many of us have pushed these gifts deep within us, we have become what others imposed upon us.  We feel something missing in our lives.  Our God given gifts still dwell inside of us and we push them down.  I made a vow that I would not push my children's gifts down.  I would help them discover these gifts and allow them to pursue them.  I am thankful that I can stay home and school my children, so that they can be free to pursue their gifts.

I am thankful to have a husband that is a wonderful man.  He provides well for our family; he works hard without complaint; he is gentle and caring; he is a strong protector; he is a good daddy.  We all love him very much.

I am thankful for Egee.  She is my girly-girl.  She made me a mother and changed my world.  I have learned more about giving and compassion than ever before.  Her heart is of gold.  She is my snuggler and hugger.  I have learned more about fashion, make-up, hair, music, dance, etc. these pass two years, as she transitions from little girl to teenager.  Being a tomboy growing up, I was never into these things.  I am learning and she is teaching me.  I'm not sure what the Lord has in store for her, but I know it will be wonderful.

I am thankful for Little Man.  He is all boy and has kept my life filled with excitement.  I have learned more about patience and acceptance from him.  He is all about living life to its fullness and living in the now.  I have learned to roll with the punches and live more in the moment.  He keeps me on my toes and  thinking.  He is stubborn and playful.  He is witty and thoughtful.  I have learned more about the learning process from him than I would have ever learned in the classroom.  I have learned to trust my gut and have faith that God allows us to learn all we need to learn at the right moments.  He has taught me that we are all individuals with our own destinies and not made to learn things on a rigid time schedule.  He has many gifts that God has given him and we are on our way to discovering how to use them.

I am thankful for my parents.  They provided me with so many opportunities growing-up.  They still do to this day!  They are wonderful grandparents and we love them so very much.

I am thankful for all the family and friends that God has put in our lives.  Life is not about the material things you accumulate over the years.  It is about the relationships that have and are being built.  It is about loving and caring.  Through Him, all things are possible!

Happy Thanksgiving!