Thursday, March 1, 2018

Goodbye, Zinger....Hello Avalanche!

We said a sad goodbye to our Zinger 28bh in December.  I really loved that travel trailer.  We began seasonal camping this past year and with all the time spent at the campsite, Hubs wanted to have more room.  I began the quest to find a larger camper to accommodate our needs.  There are so many nice 5th wheels out there and each had their own perks, but we needed to reign in the price and make sure our needs were met.  Two tough factors to contend with when you have four individuals with various needs and wants!



I spent many, many, many hours on the internet researching.  I spent countless hours looking through 5th wheels at dealerships. Then when I started to narrow things down, I had to take the crew on the walk through of several 5th wheels in the running.  One kiddo wanted this one and the other wanted that one.  Hubs wanted room!  Finally, we decided upon the Keystone Avalanche 365MB.



The dealership was no longer going to carry the Avalanche and the price was right.  Of course, I did more negotiating to see if I could even get a better deal.  I did get a better deal on our trade in of the Zinger.  Hubs couldn't believe it!

We had our farewell trip in our Zinger to Florida and back in November.  It was bittersweet.  I love the storage in the Zinger.  I had spent time making it our own.  It was also the first brand new anything we have owned.  It was going to be our forever trailer until the kids were grown.  However, that was when we were camping only ten weekends a year.  This last season we spent over one hundred days in the Zinger.

We signed on the dotted line the first weekend of December to take possession of the Avalanche.  We camped that weekend and moved our things from the Zinger to Avalanche.  It felt like a betrayed my camping buddy.  I know that is weird, but our memories in the Zinger have been wonderful.


Now it is time to move on and make the Avalanche our home away from home. We will make new memories in the Avalanche.  I can't wait until camping season begins!