Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Putting up the Harvest

The garden is producing well.  I am harvesting yellow crooked neck squash, zucchini, peppers, peas, and green beans on a daily basis.

Yummy zucchini on the vine.

Sunflowers add a touch of whimsy to the garden.

Fenced garden area.

One day's harvest of squash and peppers.

Now that I have a large quantity of green beans, I have begun canning them.  Oh, how we love home canned green beans.  The children were excited to see the canner and beans.

I love my All American Pressure Cooker!
Green beans getting ready to hot pack into jars.

Green beans being hot packed into quart jars.


The final product

 After the I canned the beans, I sliced the peppers and dehydrated them.  The house smelled delicious as the aroma of peppers filtered into the air.



This is just the beginning of my canning and dehydrating for the year.  Hopefully the garden will continue to do so well during the summer.