Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Seasonal Camping - Check List for Going to Camp

If you are like me, you will think 'I will remember that'.  Then you don't.  I know there is a Wally World near our camper, but I don't want to have to run out every trip up to the camp.  So, I created a list on my phone of what I need to take to camp.

1.  Clothing

I keep a closet inventory on my phone for my clothes, hubs clothes and A-Man's clothes.  Egee never leaves clothes at camp. I always update the list after I pack up any clothes I'm taking back to the house from the camper. I try to leave at least 1 pair of socks and undies for each of us in the camper and a shirt and shorts.  Some trips I may leave more, if we are coming right back in a couple of days.  So, having an updated list is important for my sanity.



2.  What is in the fridge/freezer and pantry?

We keep the fridge on all season.  No sense taking everything home and bringing it back in a few days. I make note of the meats I have left in the freezer, so I don't bring extra.  I have a list of items needed for the fridge that we are almost out.  Even if I'm not going to bring groceries from home, it comes in handy when heading to the grocery at camp.

3.  What are we out of in general?

This list is for the we used the last or next to the last and have extras at home to bring instead of         running to the store to replace.  We stock up on batteries at Costco and it is much cheaper than         having to buy them at Wally World.  Toilet paper and paper towels are also a Costco bulk        purchase that we have at home to bring up.  We buy the huge pack of paper plates there as well         and it will go on the list when needed.


4.  Measurements

When thinking about storage ideas or toying around with replacing window coverings in the rv at home, you need measurements!  I keep a list of window and cabinet measurements on my phone.  I have found it handy.


I hope these give you a few ideas to create your own organized lists for your camping needs.