Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Adding a few touches to the Avalanche 365MB

I want to have a theme for the interior of the Avalanche.  I decided to go with dragonflies.  We have tons of them around our site and I love watching them.  So, I thought I would bring that bit of nature inside our creekside retreat.

I guess I'm a bit different than many that want to paint the interior of their trailers.  I love the wood look and just wanted to bring in accent colors.  It is still a work in process, but this is what I have done thus far.

I found the water color dragonfly place mats on Amazon.  They feel like fabric, but are easy to clean with a rag.


I placed teal dish towels in the kitchen area for a splash of color.


I bought two ceramic soap dispensers and one soap dish from Walmart for the kitchen.  My friend from church used her Cricut machine to make vinyl decals for them.  It adds another pop of color to the kitchen island.


The sofa needed a bit of color and I discovered two dragonfly pillow covers on Amazon.  I had a couple of older throw pillows from home that I placed inside the covers.  They worked perfectly.


My fleece camping throw still works with the decor since I am mostly going with a nature theme.  We love that little throw!

I am still working on adding a few more touches to bring in the dragonflies.  I will post more when I get them added!