Sunday, August 11, 2013

Visitors

This weekend we have been blessed to have two sets of visitors.  My stepson came to stay with us for the first time in a while.  The children were excited that their half-brother was coming to see them.  He has been to the house, but hasn't stayed overnight in a while.

We had lunch at the local Mexican restaurant and went out for ice cream later in the evening.  The kiddos played video games and watched movies.  Little Man and D-man played catch, so that Little Man could show off his baseball skills.  Egee and D-man spent time talking and reviewing tastes in music.  We all went swimming Saturday evening and enjoyed each others company.

Today, we added two more visitors.  A family friend's mother-in-law is sick and in the hospital.  I know how difficult it is to have children in the waiting room of the hospital.  I text her and told her I would keep the kids.  She dropped them off and now the house is alive with children running around and playing.

I love being able to help out friends.  The kids love having others over and playing.  Tomorrow will be interesting when trying to get school work done with my two and adding two others to the mix.  We all homeschool, so I will come up with something for C-man and Princess to work on.

Now to bake brownies and keep everyone happy!